The Heavy Duty MALTMILL is an authentic roller mill designed to produce textbook quality milled grain. By crushing the malt but leaving the husk intact, the mill creates the optimal coarse grind, providing home brewers with the best conditions for an efficient mash and high quality runoff during sparging/lautering operations.
Manufactured with the Gear Drive Option (GDO), the Heavy Duty MALTMILL allows home brewers to motorize the mill with a standard hand drill and process a high volume of grain efficiently and quickly.
The Heavy Duty MALTMILL crushes a pound of grain in less than 15 seconds and enough for a 5 – gallon batch in less than 5 minutes. When motorized, the mill can crush in excess of 1000 lbs in one hour. At 400 RPM, it can crush 1 lb. in 3.3 seconds.
- Exclusive Gear Drive Option (GDO) permits safe and easy motorization
- Hopper holds 3 lbs. of grain.
- Mill easily rests atop a bucket during milling or can be mounted for more stable or permanent operation.
- Dual roller design supplies a crushing surface of 10” in length and 1 ½” in diameter.
- Factory set nominal spacing: .045 between the rollers.
- Spacing may be adjusted to suit particular grain types.