Constructed with or without holes, Brew and Grows Heavy Duty Kettles are available in 8 or 15 – gallon sizes. Matching False Bottoms may be purchased separately.
To add a ball valve, the Heavy Duty Kettles with holes are easily fitted with Brew and Grows Basic or Stainless Steel Conversion Kits.
- 1 mm and 1.2 mm thick stainless steel sidewall construction in 8 and 15 – gallon kettles respectively (Vs .8 and 1 mm sidewall of "Mega" pots)
- 5 mm thick Tri-Clad Bottom provides even heat distribution (Vs. 4mm thick "Mega" pots)
- Optimal 1.2 Proportion Kettle (Side wall height is 1.2 x the base diameter)
- Silicone covered lid and kettle handles heighten brewer safety, limiting burns and increasing grip control.
- Riveted handles supply enhanced sturdiness and kettle longevity.
Dimensions: Diameter x Height:
8 – Gallon 12.6" x 15.4" (32 cm x 38 cm)
15 – Gallon 15.7" x 18.3" (40 cm x 47 cm)
For installing a thermometer, utilize Brew and Grows Weldless Bulkhead Fitting. When attaching the bulkhead to the Heavy Duty kettle, both o-rings must "sandwich" the kettle and be properly seated in each groove of the supplied nuts. Proving easier to tighten with a wrench(es) than standard bulkhead fittings, the Weldless Bulkhead achieves best results by employing a thermometer with a 6” probe. Tighten to prevent leaks, but do not over tighten.